School Closure Information
Inclement Weather and Emergency Closures
Decisions to close or delay school due to weather are generally made by 6:30 a.m. or, when possible, the night before.
When schools are closed due to weather or other emergency situations, parents/guardians have several options where information can be obtained:
- ParentSquare - NCSD will contact families and staff through Parentsquare (email, text, and app notification) in the case of an emergency closure. Depending on the timing and nature of the closure or emergency, NCSD may also contact families by phone call through Parentsquare.
- Register for FlashAlert, which provides school closure information via text, email, or an app: http://www.flashalert.net.
- Call the School Closure Hotline: 503-353-6020. Updates are provided in English, Spanish, and Russian. The hotline is updated by 6:30 a.m. on days when schools are impacted by weather or other unforeseen events.
- Visit NCSD’s website. In the event of a school closure, there will be a pop-up on all district and school web pages announcing closure or delay information.
- Follow the district X (Formerly Twitter) page (@nc12schools).
- Follow North Clackamas Schools on Facebook.
- Watch: TV Channels KATU 2, KOIN 6, KGW 8 and KPTV 12.
- Listen: 1190 KEX AM/103.3 KKCW FM Radio